East Dundee Leaf Collection
The Week of November 23 through November 27 (excluding Thanksgiving Day)
The Week of November 30 through December 4
The Village’s first Leaf Collection Program is now halfway complete. We appreciate and thank you for your patience with this new program. The Village is excited to offer this program and continues to work with Flood Brothers to address challenges as they arise. During the remaining two collections, Flood Brothers has requested the following from participating residents:
- Please place leaves on the parkway by 7:00 a.m. Monday morning of the scheduled pick up week. Depending on the volume of leaves and also weather, it may take Flood Brothers the entire week to collect leaves throughout the Village.
- Keep leaves on grass as gravel, rocks and other debris could damage their vacuum equipment.
- Pile leaves as high as possible, and no further than 3 feet from the curb or edge of the street as the vacuum equipment can reach approximately 3 feet out.
- Do not mix leaf piles with any other materials including, but not limited to, branches, rocks, fire pit ash, or trash.
- Avoid parking on the street during collection weeks. Leaves will not be picked up if obstructed by parked vehicles.
The Public Works Department also plans to sweep Village streets in coming weeks. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Leaf Collection Program, please reach out to the Village by calling 847-426-2822 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Free curbside yard waste pick-up is also available to residents beginning the first Wednesday in April and ending the last Wednesday in November. Yard waste should be prepared as follows: Loose material should be bagged in Kraft type paper sacks or in a refuse can clearly marked “yard waste”. If you use a refuse can, be sure to leave the lid off, so the contents can be easily identified as yard waste. You can also dispose of tree and brush material less than 2 inches in diameter. These should be cut and bundled with a biodegradable twine. Please keep limbs no longer than 4 feet in length and bundles no larger than 2 feet in diameter.